June 17, 2005

it's before 8

Why am I up? Because b-town turned cold overnight, and I left the fan on, and my orgo class starts at 8:30 so there's no point in going back to bed. A new layout will come in two weeks or so. Fully expect an informal layout--I might even have a tagboard and flashy pictures. An interesting post I stumbled across by a Spanish speaker, I believe native English speakers are sentimentally impaired by their tongue.

In Spanish, we have two basic levels of the same emotion: Querer and Amar. The first one, “Te quiero”, conveys a strong feeling of affection for a person. It’s ok to say it to your couple within an acceptable timeframe in a serious relationship (you don’t just rush into it), it’s rarely ok to say it to friends (unless you’re piss-drunk — then it’s quite alright), and it’s not as high as you can go. Then there’s “Te amo”.
Oh, I won the MVP award in Tennis and the final in Genetics went well. Later on.

1 Comments:

At 6/17/2005 08:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey. If you are the Sibo I think you are... I was in your chem class last semester XDDD
OMG you play Go??? I play too, although I'm REALLY REALLY bad >.<

 

Post a Comment

<< Home