June 08, 2005

f da poll-lease

When Nelly's "Shake Ya Tailfeather" plays on the radio, the police siren in the beginning always makes me jump. Police scare me. Honestly, I think Asians get must have the highest ticketing rate. Why? The stereotype of bad Asian drivers might be mostly true for NYC taxi cab drivers, but it's not too accurate in Evansville, IN. Also, police tend to be more lenient with girls. I still can't believe Lisa's stories about getting out of speeding tickets in school zones. Agh, I wish I had those anti-ticket skillz. In the annoying law enforcement tactics story of the day, Drivers Angry about Hidden Cameras (in China)

BEIJING, June 8 -- Beijing traffic department has said it will work out new vehicle surveillance procedures following complaints from the public. Drivers have become increasingly angry at practices such as hidden cameras that trap unsuspecting motorists, who usually do not know they have broken the law until later. The outcry reached a climax this week when a driver was fined more than 10,000 yuan (US$1,200) after being caught breaking traffic regulations at the same spot on 105 separate occasions.
Law enforcement should be both punative and reformational, no? Fining people secretly does nothing to correct the problem. If I commit a crime, say not fully drying my hands before leaving the bathroom, and the police secretly tape that bathroom and keep a track of how many times I commit that crime, sure, the force can get a nice pile o dough outta me, but if not washing my hands is really that serious of a crime, then it should be corrected at the first sign of violation. "Hey girl What your name is? Where you from? Turn around who you came with? Is that your ass or your momma have reindeer?"

1 Comments:

At 6/10/2005 05:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never got out of speeding ticket in a school zone!?! I got two tickets thank you very much...girls can only get out of tickets if they a. have a huge rack or b. cry. I'm too sassy...
~Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home