May 15, 2006

Intelligent (web)Design

I've been learning all out intelligent webdesign recently. If you're interested, here are some neat articles (some of which have affected decisions I'm making on the upcoming layout for SiboL.in) Color Palettes ** Contrast in Context **** Designing a Guided Tour *** Color in Nature *** Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, Proximity (C.R.A.P.) **** Contrast Checker*** On the other hand, I'm beginning to also think that sometimes designers think too highly of their craft--as if violating a "rule of design" is akin to running off any webbers who Google upon your site. Google Redeux Speaking of which, I think Google took their ads off their search results page...yay! I for one think Google's page could be cleaned up a little bit, but even adding a blue background for the footer would make it look less clean than it looks now. Regardless, I'll be following most of the design tips I've read about for the upcoming redesign. I don't want to reveal too much, but suffice it to say that the layout is very nerdy. Yes, like JunY.in nerdy :)

1 Comments:

At 5/16/2006 01:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nerd =).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home